Comprehensively securing your home’s interior and exterior is vital to ensuring the safety of your family. There are several factors that you need to consider before installing any security measures on your property. The compatibility of your selected security system and the level of protection it provides is essential for strong window security.
Home invasions and robberies have been on the rise across the US in certain areas. The statistical data shows that most home invasions happen by way of the perpetrators using a doorway. While this may be alarming, there are plenty of security solutions available to homeowners just like you.
One area that you should consider increasing security is your windows. Windows are very easily accessible entry points into your home. When they are left unsecured, burglars and thieves can access your valuable belongings with ease. There are various windows security systems and accessories you can purchase to keep your family safe.
Take a look below to see some of the most effective tools you can use to secure your home’s windows. Every homeowner has different security needs; that’s why you want to choose the best window security based on your personal needs.
Choosing the right security screens for your home
As stated above, there are several different systems & extensions you can use to secure your windows. Some of the most popular security screen systems are grates, bars, and windows sensors. The best window security installation for your home will be one that minimizes entry points.
Your existing window configuration will play a significant role in the type of security you can add. If you’re unsure about which window security systems to install, consult with a professional window installer. Now, we’re going to break down the benefits of each below.
Window Security Extensions & Their Applications
- Window Locks- window locks are a high first line of defense against intrusion. However, adding locks to your windows is not enough to completely stop break-ins.
- Window Sensors- many home security companies, are beginning to offer window sensors with their packages. Window sensors can alert you when your windows are opened. The best part about windows sensors is that most allow you to monitor them remotely.
- Window Tint- Window tint & films are great because they enhance the strength of your glass. Tint also adds a layer of privacy to your home so potential thieves can’t see inside.
- Window Bars- perhaps the most effective way to increase the security of your home are window bars. Window bars are fantastic reinforcements against theft due to their extruding design. Window bars create an unbroken line of the distance between the intruder and your home. The odds of someone making it through your window bars is not likely.
- Mesh Window Guards- mesh window guards serve two purposes; the first is that of enhancing security. The second benefit of installing mesh guards is that they protect from harmful UV rays.
These are some of the most common security screen upgrades. You can find variants of each security extension that will provide tailored benefits for your situation.
Why you should install extra window security
There are several reasons why you should consider installing upgraded window security. Even for those who live in friendly neighborhoods, the threat of a possible break-in can happen at any moment. By installing enhanced window security features, you can safeguard your family effortlessly.
Window security enhancements come in a variety of styles and configurations. These security enhancements make it easy for you to find the exact protection you need without sacrificing your wants. For maximum protection, you need to make sure that professionals install your upgrades.
Pricing for window security upgrades will vary depending on the size of your property and existing window layout. By using all of the tips and information that we’ve given you in this article, you will find the perfect upgrades for your property in no time. Consider what your personal security needs are before installing enhancements. These needs will ensure optimal installation results while increasing the security of your home.